Monday, August 30, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

I wasn't born a spelling/punctuation/grammar enthusiast.  Even though I developed a love of reading at a very early age, English was my least favorite subject in school.  I hated diagramming sentences and trying to figure out the hidden meanings in classic literature--but I aced my spelling tests.

Then I learned two foreign languages, and how the wrong inflection or spelling can get you in serious trouble with a native speaker.

And I worked in a corporate environment where polished writing and speaking skills were mandatory.

And then...I became a writer.

I can no longer read anything without analyzing it, even when I try to shut off that part of my brain.  Misspellings and misplaced punctuation jump out at me all the time.  And the more society relies upon texts and tweets and info bites, the more mangled our language seems to become...

Thus, a blog is born.

Join me as I expose and explore grammar gaffes and fumbled keystrokes, scrambled words and wayward punctuation marks.  Some are amusing; some are downright pathetic.

Some of them may even be my own.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment