Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Proofreader on Vacation?

I had to wonder after seeing this in Saturday's Denver Post.  These are the kind of typos I see regularly on FAILBlog (http://failblog.org/), but it's a rare occasion to experience one in person:

The images might be difficult to see, so here's an enlargement of the first one:


From there it only gets worse:


I only included the first occurrence, but "A leadin sentence will go here" is repeated on every story - a total of seven times!

And by the way - "leadin" is supposed to be hyphenated:  lead-in.

I sure hope that proofreader had a nice vacation, because it might be the last one he or she gets for a while...

1 comment:

  1. LOL - This is why my back-up notes are now 126 pages... in a vain attempt to hope someone covers for me while I'm on vacation or out sick without the need to call me... but still most of my job turns into "a leadin sentence will go here" and has to be cleaned up later.

    ReplyDelete