Thursday, October 7, 2010

Typos in the Strangest Places

Today's featured typo is one that I can't even believe I caught.  It is either evidence of my superb attention to detail or my need to get a life.  (I really don't want to know which it is; some questions are better left unanswered.)

While watching the latest episode of "Undercovers" (which is a show I haven't been following for reasons I won't detail here), I saw this:



Here's a close up of the typo in case you didn't catch it:


The shot was on the screen for only a moment – three seconds, to be exact.  Most viewers were probably drawn to the photo of the handsome spy.  I noticed him, too, but for some reason I pounced on "Franfurt, Germany" like a cat on a mouse.

Hey, what can I say?  You can't switch a gift like mine off and on.  <grin>

Last week I almost posted about the "tendinitis" I saw in an article, but it turned out that "tendinitis" and "tendonitis" are both accepted spellings for that ailment.  (Who knew?)  So I did a quick online search for "Franfurt" to prevent a similar misstep.

I didn't find any German town with that exact name.  If you know of an honest to goodness "Franfurt" (without a 'k'), please tell me and I'll let the NBC prop masters off the hook.

Otherwise, I'm just going to snicker.


No comments:

Post a Comment