Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Not Quite Clear Communications

The other day I was running errands and, as is my habit, I was surfing channels on the car radio.  I have little patience for commercials, and no tolerance whatsoever for songs I don't like, so the preset buttons get a pretty good workout until I give up altogether and switch to the CD player.

I hadn't yet lost my patience when I tuned to a local "Adult Contemporary" station just in time to hear its daytime tagline:

      "Because work is no place for love songs"

Not a bad marketing ploy – except that the tagline was sandwiched between "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum and some romantic ballad whose title escapes me right now.

The fact that this station is owned by Clear Channel Communications only adds to the irony...

No comments:

Post a Comment