Monday, February 7, 2011

Then There's Too Much Clarity...

...or, perhaps, a tad too much lunacy stemming from frivolous lawsuits.

One of the most noticeable results of legal issues in the modern world is that Everything Must Be Labeled. I understand that some labels are necessary to alert allergy sufferers of potential hazards hidden within a product or a manufacturing process. But I often think we've gone too far. For example:
  • Disposable coffee cups bearing the warning "Contents May Be Hot." I guess no one's figured out yet that no label will keep klutzy drivers from spilling their steaming beverages while they're texting in rush-hour traffic.
  • The wrapper of a peanut crunch candy bar stating "Contains Peanuts" as if we couldn't tell by the photo on the wrapper. The name of the snack usually contains some form of the word "nut," but if someone can't (or won't) read the name, they sure as heck aren't going to read the warning!
Then there's this little gem:


Roast flavored roast. Really?

I suppose I should be glad that I didn't inadvertently pick up a salmon-flavored pork roast. That would have just ruined my dinner plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment