Friday, February 28, 2014

All Good Things...

When I started this blog a few years back, it was a way to release my frustrations about the innumerable typos and bad writing that plague modern-day writing.

Since then, many things in my life have changed - some for the better, some not so much. The only thing that hasn't changed is the state of the English language in today's society. In fact, it appears to me that everything has gotten worse. I had come to expect missing, misspelled, and misused words in certain news outlets and on social media, but now the writing plague has gone viral. Typos and writing mistakes litter just about everything I read, whether it's print or digital, national outlets or small markets. There is no lack of fodder for this blog.

However, because of the aforementioned life changes and a reshuffling of life priorities, I will be discontinuing posts here effective today. The World Needs a Proofreader has been a lot of fun, but it's also been a lot of work - unpaid work I no longer have the time or energy to support. And since this blog is not really contributing to my long-term life goals, it's time to say goodbye.

I will still be writing and editing; there's never a lack of projects in a writer's world! In fact, if you want to keep up with me you can check out my new blog about firefighting, Advance the Line, at http://www.advancetheline.blogspot.com/.

This blog will remain live for at least the next few months until I figure out what to do with it.

Until we meet again, my fellow word warriors...

Colorado Sunset. Photo by Robin Widmar. Copyright 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment